You’re only a few minutes away from pure bliss!
Back when my boys were young — when we had a free Saturday or sleepy Sunday afternoon, we would take what seemed like the entire pantry and create mountainous ice cream sundaes— piled high with chocolate chips, toffee sauce, crunchy candies and salty nuts.
Then we’d take the leftovers and tuck them away in the freezer for another lazy day — that way, whenever we were looking for a quick treat, we were only minutes away from a creamy creation.
Since then, the boys and I have found ways to elevate our sweet tooth traditions by using a few simple ingredients and of course, a homemade treat that can take you away with one taste…
Scamps Scrumptious Summer Sundae
An artist needs her paints:
- 1-gallon of your favorite (local) ice cream.
- 1-9 oz jar of Scamps all natural Toffee Sauce.
- 1-16 oz box of Scamps all natural Milk or Dark Chocolate Toffee.
- 1-8 oz package of Scamps all natural New England Bark.
Now, to form your masterpiece:
- Using a traditional ice cream scoop, scoop 1 gallon of local ice cream into a large mixing bowl.
- Place 16 oz of Scamps Toffee and 1 package of New England Bark into 1 gallon sized Ziplock freezer bag.
- Seal it!
- Using a mallet, lightly tap the candy until it is broken into small pieces.
- Gently fold the toffee – chocolate mixture into the ice cream.
- Open the Scamps Toffee Sauce and lightly heat so it pours into the large bowl easily with one hand, while gently folding the mixture with the other.
And voila! Once you’ve indulged in this creamy treat, scoop the remainder into freezable containers for an after dinner treat, weekend cool-down or naughty September indulgence. To have these sundae toppings shipped right to your front door, or sent to a friend as the perfect sweet gift — visit us here! Or you can visit us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for sweet recipes and scrumptious updates.