Imagine taking all of the best aspects of breakfast, and marrying them into one bite. You have the fluffy texture of a pancake, the crunchy salty goodness of bacon and a slight touch of something sweet. This, friends, is the perfect Father's Day treat.
Something that will make dad's head spin with delight! It's the ManCake and it's your perfect dish for this Father's Day. If you follow our recipe and instructions below, you'll craft a quick and delightful dish that he'll love (and the whole family will, too!)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 pieces of hickory smoked bacon
- 1/2 jar Scamps Toffee Sauce
- 1/2 jar Toffee Bits (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit
- Cook bacon until crisp on cookie sheet
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, bacon and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides.
- Pour warmed Scamps Toffee Sauce over top of cakes (Toffee Bits Optional)
- Serve hot
Back to News