Who doesn't love a fall goody? This one is salty, sweet and perfect for a quick bite this season. Make these butterscotch, popcorn bites at home for a quick and easy fall treat and let us know how it goes by sending pictures of the final copy to email@example.com. We'll share your creations with our community!
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup [200 g] packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups Scamps Pops or your favorite flavored popcorn
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and line a miniature muffin tin with parchment inserts
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk together. Add the butterscotch chips and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the melted butter and sugars on medium-high speed until thick, light, and glossy, 3 to 5 minutes, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Add the egg and yolk, one at a time, beating well and scraping the bowl after each addition with a rubber spatula. Add the vanilla and mix to combine. Add the dry ingredients all at once, mixing just to combine. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and add 3 cups [105 g] of the potato chips to the dough, combining and crushing the chips with a rubber spatula.
- Roll the popcorn into the mix
- Scoop 1 1/2-tablespoon balls with a cookie scoop or measuring spoon, rolling each ball in the leftover crushed chips, and evenly place 12 on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, Remove from the oven and press down on each cookie with a spatula to slightly flatten.
- Let cool briefly and serve warm.