It's Memorial Day weekend and what else to complement it, but some refreshing iced tea... with a twist! Seriously, very few things are better than kicking back, relaxing with your family and enjoying some delicious iced tea! This week in Scamps Recipes, we promise that this iced tea will cool you down and maybe even make your brother in law a little funnier! Our toffee and confectioneries are in 26 states, including the south so this one is a nod to those beloved southern states where sweet tea flows like water!
- 5 Black tea bags (pre-steeped)
- 2 lemons
- White rum
- 1/2 jar Scamps Toffee Sauce
- Crystal Pitcher
- Boil the water. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat.
- Steep the tea for 25 minutes. Dunk the tea bags a few times in the water to fully hydrate, then leave submerged with the strings hanging over the side of the pot. After 5 minutes, remove the bags and discard
- Add the toffee sauce to the tea. Add the warmed toffee sauce and stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour the tea base into the pitcher. If using multiple pitchers, divide the tea evenly between them
- Top off the pitchers with water. Add 3 more quarts of water to the tea base to make a gallon of sweet tea and stir to combine.
- Add the rum.
- Serve over ice. Pour the sweet tea into ice-filled glasses. Add a sprig of mint or a slice of lemon to each, if desired!