Picture this: You just left work after a long day. You’re tired, but you have to make a dessert for tonight. You don’t have time to cook anything, but the grocery store is on your way home.
In terms of what to get, you want something sweet that’s a bit more impressive than a box of pre-made cookies or cupcakes. You want something you can make your own and customize for whoever is sharing it with you but is quick and simple to put together.
For Scamps Recipes this month we are sharing two super simple recipes on how to sweeten up boxed cheesecake.
The first recipe: Date night dessert made with single serve cheesecakes.
The second recipe: A large cheesecake to share with family visiting for the upcoming holiday.
All you need to grab is pre-made cheesecake and your favorite fresh fruits from the grocery store, a jar of creamy toffee sauce from Scamps Toffee (and maybe some of our toffee bits) and VOILA! A perfect and impressive dessert in seconds once the cheesecake is thawed.
One taste, you’re taken…
- Cheesecake (Either single serve portions or a full cake)
- 2 Tbsp of Toffee Sauce
- 1 Tbsp of Toffee Bits
- Handful of Blueberries
- Handful of Raspberries
- A sprig of mint
- If still frozen, allow cheesecake to thaw. Follow directions on box.
- Find a serving dish that suits your plan for the evening.
- Open your cheesecake and remove any packaging before placing it on your serving dish.
- Heat up toffee sauce in a microwave (without the lid) for 16 seconds.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of Toffee Sauce across the cheesecake(s).
- Add 1 tablespoon of Toffee Bits for some crunch.
- Add blueberries (or your favorite fruit) to the top of the cheesecake.
- Scatter raspberries (or another favorite fruit) around the serving dish.
- Repeat step 6 and 7 as much as desired.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon (or more) of Toffee Sauce over the entire serving dish.
- Add a few sprigs of mint to the cheesecake.
- Serve and enjoy.